Please reload

Recent Posts

MWPMS Making Memphis Debut with Championships On the Line

September 15, 2019

1/8
Please reload

Featured Posts

Jr. Dragster Culture (Opinion Piece)

July 9, 2018

   For most of my life, I’ve been part of the Jr Dragster league. Considering this is my last year in one of these puss buckets, I figured that I should elaborate on what I’ve seen in the class...
          One of the major things I’ve noticed is that they cut everything way too close. I mean, they’d like to have a 0.000 total package for a 0.001 margin. These kids also never dial honest. They’ll start whomping around 200 feet out, and that’s not an exaggeration. I’ve seen it live. 
          Another thing I’ve noticed is that they can’t take a loss. On multiple occasions, kids in front of me have shut down the return road, got out of the car and had a meltdown, backing up around three to four cars in the process. Personally, I’m over it by the time I hit the cutoff. It doesn’t bother me because I’m not there to win in the first place. I go there with the mindset of having fun, not winning. 
          The final thing on this list is, for lack of a better word, the Jr Dragster Posse. There is a large group of kids at every track that are like best friends. The pit near each other, they walk around in large groups, they all ride around in one golf cart (that happens to looks like a Romanian clown car) and they act like one big race team. This group makes up 90% of the Jr/D field. As for the other 10%, they fend for themselves. The Jr club don’t care about those guys at all, and they will completely ignore those kids until they have to race. 

Follow Zakk Golley

Instagram: @Zakk1243 and @Pro_Stockers

Twitter: @Zakk_1243

https://www.wheelsupnation.com/ 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us